Monday, September 21, 2009

The power to be~an (sorta) interview with Ruby Cantu

An Interview with Ruby Cantu

Growing up I was this, that or the other, grown up I have been this, that or the other as well (I could spell this, that or the other to you, but use your imagination while I keep some filth off the internets).

We are all responsible for ourselves. Whatever went on when we were young, once we are adults, we have to get over it and become the people we want to be.

We can only blame so much of it on the physical and emotional abuse, or the divorce of our parents. Sure there is much truth in how these incidents do screw up individuals, especially when it comes to trust. I had an ex who once admitted a former girlfriend had cheated on him and because of her I was never to be trusted, well there is a reason he is an ex.

What about others?

The others…if the others are children we are responsible for molding them, but after a certain point they are who they are.

Can we make them into what we want them to be?

We can’t, at least in my experience I haven’t found it to work this way…several have tried making me into something I can never be, I will always be the imperfectly perfect person I am, like it or not, don’t like it kiss my big fat ass…or flat ass, depending on which way my ass is going…one day it’s big then the next day I can’t find it…sheesh, I love my ass!

Should we want to change them, or can we grow to accept that people are different?

I don’t want to change anyone, why would I want to make them into something they only are for my benefit? We are all different and different isn’t always bad…what if I made them what I wanted/needed them to be for me but they weren’t who they needed/wanted to be for themselves, maybe I’d be happy but they wouldn’t be happy (deep inside) and sure I might pretend it’s okay, but I would know.

I’m still feeling these thoughts out and I try to see the world from different angles…

No comments:

Post a Comment