Monday, October 19, 2009

Machinarium

Okay so usually im too lazy to write about games I play nowadays, but yesterday I found a game I really enjoyed. A game that deserves the time it takes to write an article. The game was Machinarium.

Besides the fact that this game has the most annoying title to pronounce, I didn’t know much about it. I saw it on the steam store when I browsed around for some game that might entertain me for a couple of hours. I started to look at the print-screens, well fair enough the game has one of the most amazing artworks i’ve ever seen. The whole game is hand drawn to perfection.

There was no decent reviews to be found. So I took a chance and just got the game hoping that if the game sucked I could look at the pretty pictures at least. I must confess that I’m a huge fan of point and click adventure games. I even bet I could jerk off to monkey island (fuck yeah I’m hardcore). Machinarium got it all right. Artwork, humor, controls, all of them was perfect to my taste.Only complaint is that it’s so short! I need more damn it!

What is this awesome game about you might ask? Well it’s hard to pinpoint since all you get is short, crummy drawn videos that tells the story the more you progress through the game. You’re a small robot, and you are getting bullied around by some asshole robots. You need to stop them from blowing up the city with a bomb and save your girlfriend from the prison. As I said you only get videos to tell the story so the characters don’t have any names.

It took me about 5 hours to get through but I did the whole thing pretty quick. If you’re a point n’ click veteran like myself you might do better but count about 5-7 hours gametime of awesome animations and an interesting story.You can clearly see that this game is inspired by “The neverhood” wich is a good thing. Because I love that game. Also go play the neverhood now if you haven’t done that yet.

A great indie game wich you NEED to play to be cool.

You can play the demo online in your browser at: http://machinarium.net/demo/

No comments:

Post a Comment